Monday, November 17, 2008

Sick

Hey guys sorry I haven't been updating this as often as I should. Lance if you haven't heard has been diagnosed with Paracarditis (spelling may be wrong). It is a viral inflamation of the heart sack surrounding the heart. He is doing okay! Getting better every day. Because it is viral he can't take any medicine he just has to wait it out. Currently he has moved back to Cape Town from East London and is working in the Mission home. He is having a hard time writting about what is going on with him but we are going to talk to him tonight and so more information will be on the way. With any luck he'll be back on his feet soon and preaching the gospel to the people of south africa. Here are a couple of e-mails. One from a couple that live in the ward he is currently at and the other is from Lance. Thank you for your prayers :)

Hello Brothers and Sisters
We are Sigmund and Bernadette Geldenhuys from the Mowbray Ward in Cape Town, South Africa. The reason that you have been grouped into this mailing list is that your sons are currently serving in our Ward and that we had the opportunity to have them in our home for a dinner appointment today. We were in fact only expecting 2 missionaries today but, when another DA was cancelled, your sons asked that we accommodate the other 3 missionaries and promised that they would sacrifice by eating smaller portions as long as their buddies could accompany them. Thankfully my wife is an old hand at making a little go a long way so she easily added some extra ingredients to the chilli beans which we had prepared (not exactly a tradition South African meal but one which has been a firm favorite with the missionaries down the years) and everyone had sufficient for their needs.
Now back to your sons. They are wonderful young men and a credit to you as parents. They are hard working and are always looking for opportunities to serve. We have been impressed by their positive attitude and happy smile whenever we see them. They greet us by name and are concerned about all the members of the Ward.
We can well imagine your concern for your sons, being so far from home and in an environment which is so different from what they are used to. Thank you for your sacrifice, we as citizens of South Africa appreciate what your sons are doing for our people. They will return to you filled with testimony and having become more committed than ever to serving their Heavenly Father.
Now a special note to the Perry family: (Elder Perry has contracted a heart disorder which has restricted his ability to exert himself to any degree, thankfully he confirms that it is not life threatening and can be resolved with the correct medication. We were impressed by the concern which the other missionaries expressed regarding his condition). I believe that both of you parents have medical training and will have an understanding of his condition. As a layman I can confirm that he looks well but does seem to be a bit subdued and is still coming to terms with his situation. Be assured that he is in good hands and that we will do all that we can to ensure that he successfully negotiates this challege in his life.
With kind regards
Sigmund and Bernadette

Things have been very hard for me this, a lot of things have been on my mind and I'd
love to talk to you. I'll see what I can do with the phone call. Its been a rollacoster
of thing, and it very hard to explain over a email. I'd much rather talk and express that
way. Words can not express the joy I get to have a family like you in my life. I love you
all thanks so much for going to the temple and putting my name on the prayer roll. I
CRIED when I read that in Sarah's email. Life in the mission office is much different,
and your right. I would rather be out in the mission field working my feet to the bone
preaching the gospel. I've only been in here for a couple of day. Getting in the swing of
thing is just not there yet. So I have Dalton...SWEET he'll love what I got him. Mom I've
got some people who have notice that the Blog hasn't been updated so just a little
reminder about that. I'm not taking an medcation at all? is that a go thing or bad?
Thanks again for you love and prayers. I'll see what we can do about the phone call. I'll
talk to president Probst to night about and see what we can do. I love you, and I'll be
seeing you
Your Son,Brother,& Missionary
Elder Lance Brooks Perry
P.S. I Love You